The Editor in Unreal Engine 4 (UE4) collects usage data to help Epic determine how to best improve the Editor. This primarily consists of aggregated information, or information that does not directly identify you as an individual user. However, the following data may be included in the usage data collected:
- User's IP address
- User's Internet Service Provider (ISP)
- User's Continent, Country, and City
- The name of the project the User is working on
- The Epic Account ID of the User
If you want to turn off usage data collection (also known as "opt-out"), follow these steps.
- Scroll down to the Privacy category in Editor Preferences. Click to select the Usage Data section.
- In the Usage Data settings, the default setting is Send Usage Data. Click Don't Send in order to turn off usage data collection.
Don't Send Usage Data