170 PNG Heightmaps with 8k and 4k resolution and 6 example maps
This pack contains 170 PNG different Heightmaps, which will help you create 170 realistic landscapes/terrains for your game. Watch this NEW TRAILER to see what you can achieve with it. (landscape materials and water materials from the trailer are NOT included in this pack, so you will get only the heightmaps).
In this pack, there are 90 heightmaps with a resolution of 8129 x 8129 (resolution recommended by Epic ) and 80 heightmaps with a resolution of 4033 x 4033 (also recommended by Epic). Depending on the resolution, You will be able to create 64 square Km and 16 square Km landscapes.
Watch this VIDEO to understand how to integrate and use the heightmaps into your level. After you import the heightmap into your level, play a little bit with the Z scale of the landscape because in most cases, the default 100% Z scale is too high. Adjust the Z scale of the landscape to 50% to have a good starting point and later, depending on what kind of terrain you want to achieve, you can higher or lower the Z scale.
Depending on what type of landscape you can achieve, the pack is structured in 6 categories:
IMPORTANT: The FREE plugin Export to PNG has not been updated yet to UE5, so you will not be able to export the heightmaps from UE5 with it. So for the moment, if you want to use the plugin Export PNG, you need to use any of the versions 4.21 - 4.27 to export the heightmaps and once exported, you can reimport them in any UE5 projects and everything works as it should. If you don't want to use the plugin Export to PNG, you can use the FREE plugin ILIAD, which works without any problem on UE5 and can also be found on Unreal Marketplace.
Step By Step instructions of how to integrate the heightmaps into your level:
1. Install one of the FREE plugins: "Export PNG" or "ILIAD"
2. Select in the Content Browser the PNG heightmap you want to use in your project
3. Right click on the selected PNG texture (heightmap) and select Asset Actions - Export (or ILIAD Actions - Export, in case you are using ILIAD)
4. Save the PNG heightmap to your hard disk (keep the same PNG format)
5. Open the map you want to import the heightmap into and select Landscape Mode
6. Choose option Import from file and select the previously exported PNG file
7. Choose an appropriate Z-axis scale (in most cases the default 100 % scale does not look good. A value between 30 and 70 looks good but that also depend on your preferences )
8. Click Import
9. If the chosen height (Z-axis) of the landscape is too high or too low, you can delete the newly created landscape from World Outliner and repeat the steps starting with Step 6. Or You could also select the landscape and change the scale of the Z-axis directly from your World Outliner, so reimporting is not really necessary.
This pack contains 6 Demo Maps (1 map from each landscape category and resolution)
If you prefer only 4k or only 8k Heightmaps, check my other packs HERE
Features: (Please include a full, comprehensive list of the features of the product)
Texture Resolutions: (complete list)
Number of Unique Materials and Material Instances: 0
Number of Textures: 170
Supported Development Platforms:
Mac: I don' t have a Mac to test it
Documentation: Please check the Video from the description
Important/Additional Notes: You will need to install and enable the FREE plugin Export PNG in order to use this pack. You will need at least 13 GB free space on your hard disk.