135 PNG Greyscale Heightmaps from Island with 8129 x 8129 resolution and 5 example maps
TRAILER (landscape materials from this trailer not included in this pack)
This pack contains 135 real-world heightmaps which will help you digitally recreate breathtaking landscapes from Island . All heightmaps have a resolution of 8129 x 8129 (recommended by Unreal) and each landscape will have a surface area of about 400 square Km. To recreate these landscapes I used Digital Elevation Models with 2 meters precision, so they are pretty accurate and you will be able to clearly see the roads, lakes, rivers, footpaths. The heightmaps (landscapes) are perfect for photorealistic scenes in games, movies or any open world projects.
IMPORTANT: The FREE plugin Export to PNG has not been updated yet to UE5, so you will not be able to export the heightmaps from UE5 with it. So for the moment, if you want to use the plugin Export PNG, you need to use any of the versions 4.21 - 4.27 to export the heightmaps and once exported, you can reimport them in any UE5 projects and everything works as it should. If you don't want to use the plugin Export to PNG, you can use the FREE plugin ILIAD, which works without any problem on UE5 and can also be found on Unreal Marketplace.
Step By Step instructions of how to integrate the heightmaps into your level:
1. Install one of the FREE plugins: "Export PNG" or "ILIAD"
2. Select in the Content Browser the PNG heightmap you want to use in your project
3. Right click on the selected PNG texture (heightmap) and select Asset Actions - Export (or ILIAD Actions - Export, in case you are using ILIAD)
4. Save the PNG heightmap to your hard disk (keep the same PNG format)
5. Open the map you want to import the heightmap into and select Landscape Mode
6. Choose option Import from file and select the previously exported PNG file
7. In order to keep the exact proportions of the real landscape, in the name of every heightmap you can find the X, Y and Z scales for that heightmap. For example, in the filename Island_B2_XY_246_Z_166 , the X and Y scale is 246 and Z scale is 166. So type the correct XYZ scales and then press Import to import the heightmap into your level.
8. Done! In a few seconds you should see the landscape...
This pack contains 5 Demo Maps.
Check my other packs HERE
Features: (Please include a full, comprehensive list of the features of the product)
Texture Resolutions: (complete list)
Number of Unique Materials and Material Instances: 0
Number of Textures: 135
Texture Resolutions: (Please list all various texture resolutions): 8129 x 8129 (135 textures)
Supported Development Platforms:
Mac: Not tested
Documentation: Please check the description
Important/Additional Notes: If you want to create perfect copies of the real world landscapes, it is important to use the correct XYZ scales as explained above (Step 7).