182 PNG Heightmaps from New Zealand with 2017 x 2017 resolution and 7 example maps
TRAILER (landscape materials not included)
There is nothing more real than the reality itself! So why would you use procedurally generated landscapes when you can integrate the reality itself into your game. This pack, like my other packs containing real-world heightmaps, is for those willing to create very realistic 3d projects.
This pack contains 182 PNG Greyscale Real-World Heightmaps, created from real world data - Digital Elevation Models with 8 meter precision - which will help you create in Unreal Engine, real-world landscapes from New Zealand. All the heightmaps are 16 by 16 Km (256 square Km) and using this pack, you can recreate about 50000 square km landscapes. All heightmaps have a 2017 X 2017 resolution (recommended by Epic) and they can be used for games, movies, cinematic trailers etc.
IMPORTANT: The FREE plugin Export to PNG has not been updated yet to UE5, so you will not be able to export the heightmaps from UE5 with it. So for the moment, if you want to use the plugin Export PNG, you need to use any of the versions 4.21 - 4.27 to export the heightmaps and once exported, you can reimport them in any UE5 projects and everything works as it should. If you don't want to use the plugin Export to PNG, you can use the FREE plugin ILIAD, which works without any problem on UE5 and can also be found on Unreal Marketplace.
Step By Step instructions of how to integrate the heightmaps into your level:
1. Install one of the FREE plugins: "Export PNG" or "ILIAD"
2. Select in the Content Browser the PNG heightmap you want to use in your project
3. Right click on the selected PNG texture (heightmap) and select Asset Actions - Export (or ILIAD Actions - Export, in case you are using ILIAD)
4. Save the PNG heightmap to your hard disk (keep the same PNG format)
5. Open the map you want to import the heightmap into and select Landscape Mode
6. Choose option Import from file and select the previously exported PNG file
7. In order to keep the exact proportions of the real landscape, in the name of every heightmap you can find the X, Y and Z scales for that heightmap. For example, in the filename NZ_102_XY_800_Z_314 , the X and Y scale is 800 and Z scale is 314. So type the correct XYZ scales and then press Import to import the heightmap into your level.
8. Done! In a few seconds you should see the landscape...
This pack contains 7 Demo Maps.
Check my other packs HERE
Features: (Please include a full, comprehensive list of the features of the product)
Texture Resolutions: (complete list)
Number of Unique Materials and Material Instances: 0
Number of Textures: 182
Texture Resolutions: (Please list all various texture resolutions): 2017 x 2017
Supported Development Platforms:
Mac: Not tested
Documentation: Please check the description
Important/Additional Notes: If you want to create perfect copies of the real world landscapes, it is important to use the correct XYZ scales as explained above (Step 7).