OLD TRAILER (landscape materials from this trailers are not included in this pack)
This pack contains 207 heightmaps which will help you create in Unreal Engine, 207 real-world landscapes from Austria (more exactly Upper Austria). All 207 heightmaps have a 1009 X 1009 resolution (recommended by Epic) and each can be used to create 4 square km landscapes. The heightmaps are created from Digital Elevation Models with 0.5 meters precision so they look extremely realistic even if I used a low resolution. Because of this (small surface area and low resolution), this pack can be also used to create realistic landscapes for Mobile Games.
Using this pack you can recreate mountains, plains, landscapes with roads, footpaths, lakes, rivers from Upper Austria.
IMPORTANT: The FREE plugin Export to PNG has not been updated yet to UE5, so you will not be able to export the heightmaps from UE5 with it. So for the moment, if you want to use the plugin Export PNG, you need to use any of the versions 4.21 - 4.27 to export the heightmaps and once exported, you can reimport them in any UE5 projects and everything works as it should. If you don't want to use the plugin Export to PNG, you can use the FREE plugin ILIAD, which works without any problem on UE5 and can also be found on Unreal Marketplace.
Step By Step instructions of how to integrate the heightmaps into your level:
1. Install one of the FREE plugins: "Export PNG" or "ILIAD"
2. Select in the Content Browser the PNG heightmap you want to use in your project
3. Right click on the selected PNG texture (heightmap) and select Asset Actions - Export (or ILIAD Actions - Export, in case you are using ILIAD)
4. Save the PNG heightmap to your hard disk (keep the same PNG format)
5. Open the map you want to import the heightmap into and select Landscape Mode
6. Choose option Import from file and select the previously exported PNG file
7. In order to keep the exact proportions of the real landscape, in the name of every heightmap you can find the X, Y and Z scales for that heightmap. For example, in the filename Austria53_XY_198_Z_45, the X and Y scale is 198 and Z scale is 45. So type the correct XYZ scales and then press Import to import the heightmap into your level.
8. Done! In a few seconds you should see the landscape...
This pack contains 7 Demo Maps.
If you prefer procedurally generated heightmaps instead of real world heightmaps, check my other packs HERE
Features: (Please include a full, comprehensive list of the features of the product)
Texture Resolutions: (complete list)
Number of Unique Materials and Material Instances: 0
Number of Textures: 207
Texture Resolutions: (Please list all various texture resolutions): 1009 x 1009
Supported Development Platforms:
Mac: I don't have a Mac to test it
Documentation: Please check the description
Important/Additional Notes: If you want to create perfect copies of the real world landscapes, it is important to use the correct XYZ scales as explained above (Step 7). In the Demo levels, you might get some warnings generated by the fact that lighting is not built. If you want to get rid of them, you could add a Lightmass Importance Volume and build the lighting but I recommend keeping the lighting movable (both directional light and skylight ). Keeping the lighting fully dynamic, it is always best for large outdoor environments....