Easy to integrate, full-featured turret with AI Perception. Supports factions, target sorting, hacking and more!
The AI Perception Turret Pro project adds a turret, turret hacking terminal, bullet BP, examples of humanoid bot BPs (one for the enemy, one for the player's ally) and player, and many auxiliary assets* to your project.
Basic Turret BP features:
- The turret has several main modes: patrolling & searching for a recently lost target (angle and style of rotation is customizable, adding your own rotation styles is supported), aiming and firing at the enemy;
- Turret has 5 perception senses: Sight, Hearing, Damage, Touch, Team_Sight. Of these, 3 senses I developed myself (Sight, Touch, Team_Sight), 2 are standard AI Perception senses (Hearing, Damage);
- Turret Sight sensor has two subsensors: one main one, and another one for close targets. No more blind spots if the enemy is too close to the turret!
- Turret Sight sensor can now be freely moved and attached to the socket you want;
- Turret Sight sensor can rotate both on the Z-axis (Yaw) and on the Y-axis (Pitch). Now turret Sight sensor won't miss its enemy even if enemy jumped up!
- (Optional) The angle of sight of the turret increases if it sees an enemy;
- (Optional) If a turret sees an enemy, it will always see him within Lose Sight Radius (unless he is hiding behind cover);
- Team_Sight Sensor: if a turret has seen an enemy, it informs its closest allies;
- Turret splits all targets into 3 groups by priority (from I to III) and attacks one by one and according to sorting rules (you can add your own rules)**:
- I. Turret sees the target right now;
- II. Turret has previously detected this target with one of its sensors AND the target was not hiding behind cover at the time of detection;
- III. Turret has previously detected this target with one of its sensors BUT the target was hiding at the time of detection.
- Factions Support: turret can be both an ally for the player and an enemy;
- Hacking support: turret can be hacked through the terminal (you can add a new turret to the terminal in a few clicks + the project supports integration of your own hacking mechanics, such as password input, mini-games during hacking, etc.), after hacking turret becomes an ally for the player;
- (Optional) Turret emits laser beams for better visibility of its field of sight;
- Customizable appearance (including color and thickness of lasers);
- Customizable amount of lives + (optional) HealthBar widget;
- Customizable damage value, hit range, and bullet speed.
Some other project features:
- BP Bullet allows you to create custom settings (such as damage, range, speed) for each class;
- Each bot and player has a health score, if the value becomes 0, the actor dies;
- (Optional) Each bot has a health widget, the display range is customizable.
* Please note that the rights to some assets (such as some materials, sounds, character animations, etc.) belong to Epic Games or the author from Pixabay (1 Pixabay-licensed image is free for commercial use; a link to the original image is in the documentation) and are used in my project for demonstration purposes only.
** Note that target sorting occurs each time the last target selected for attack is killed/lost, or if the last selected target location was checked by the turret and no target was found there (for optimization).
If you have any questions, suggestions or problems, please contact me.
Number of Blueprints: 25 (including 9 demonstration BPs)
Total number of project files: 268 (including animations, sounds, textures, etc.)
Input: The showcase character uses mouse and keyboard
Network Replicated: No
Supported Development Platforms: Windows & Mac