OLD TRAILER (landscape materials from the trailers are not included in this pack)
This pack contains 216 high quality PNG Real World Heightmaps, created from real world data - Digital Elevation Models with 1 meter precision - which will help you recreate in Unreal Engine, real world landscapes from Belgium (Provinces Liege and Luxembourg). All 216 landscapes have a surface area of 16 square Km (4 by 4 Km) and all have 4033 X 4033 resolution (recommended by Epic) and they are as accurate as you can get with nowadays technology. The heightmaps can be used for games, movies, cinematic trailers etc.
The landscapes are so accurate that you will be able to clearly see not only the roads or rivers, but also the manmade footpaths, different erosion types depending of the sun position, city/village infrastructure. Using this, you will be able to recreate in a very short time, landscapes, cities, villages even highways from Belgium.
IMPORTANT: The FREE plugin Export to PNG has not been updated yet to UE5, so you will not be able to export the heightmaps from UE5 with it. So for the moment, if you want to use the plugin Export PNG, you need to use any of the versions 4.21 - 4.27 to export the heightmaps and once exported, you can reimport them in any UE5 projects and everything works as it should. If you don't want to use the plugin Export to PNG, you can use the FREE plugin ILIAD, which works without any problem on UE5 and can also be found on Unreal Marketplace.
Step By Step instructions of how to integrate the heightmaps into your level:
1. Install one of the FREE plugins: "Export PNG" or "ILIAD"
2. Select in the Content Browser the PNG heightmap you want to use in your project
3. Right click on the selected PNG texture (heightmap) and select Asset Actions - Export (or ILIAD Actions - Export, in case you are using ILIAD)
4. Save the PNG heightmap to your hard disk (keep the same PNG format)
5. Open the map you want to import the heightmap into and select Landscape Mode
6. Choose option Import from file and select the previously exported PNG file
7. In order to keep the exact proportions of the real landscape, in the name of every heightmap you can find the X, Y and Z scales for that heightmap. For example, in the filename Belgium12_XY_100_Z_17 , the X and Y scale is 100 and Z scale is 17. So type the correct XYZ scales and then press Import to import the heightmap into your level.
8. Done! In a few seconds you should see the landscape...
This pack contains 6 Demo Maps.
If you prefer procedurally generated heightmaps instead of real world heightmaps, check my other packs HERE
Features: (Please include a full, comprehensive list of the features of the product)
Texture Resolutions: (complete list)
Number of Unique Materials and Material Instances: 0
Number of Textures: 216
Texture Resolutions: (Please list all various texture resolutions): 4033 X 4033
Supported Development Platforms:
Mac: I don't have a Mac to test it
Documentation: Check the description
Important/Additional Notes: If you want to create perfect copies of the real world landscapes, it is important to use the correct XYZ scales as explained above (Step 7).