Search public documentation:
- Speed - accessing values for properties in a class requires that the class first be loaded into memory (for obvious reasons).If this is the first time (during the current gaming session) that the class is being referenced, the engine must first loadthe package containing the class into memory. When this happens, you might experience a slight pause in gameplay, or hitch, whilethe package is loaded from disk. Many times, the class is no longer needed once the value of the property is read.
The caching system helps reduce the number of hitches during the game by eliminating unnecessary loading of packages for caseswhere the properties being referenced are static - that is, their values do not change at runtime. Gametype acronyms, map names, andmutator descriptions are perfect examples of these types of properties.
- Simplification - provides a centralized location for storing and retrieving static property values for supported classes. Theformat of the caching system allows for additional properties to be made cacheable without changing any existing code.
- Gametypes (subclasses of GameInfo?)
- Mutators (subclasses of Engine.Mutator)
- Weapons (subclasses of Engine.Weapon)
- Custom crosshairs (subclasses of CrosshairPack?)
- Vehicles (subclasses of Engine.Vehicle)
- Custom announcers (subclasses of AnnouncerVoice?)
|Maps||Must have Acronym set in LevelInfo|
|Game Types||Must have Acronym and MaplistClassname set in defaultproperties|
|Crosshairs||Must be able to load the crosshair texture|
|Announcers||If bEnglishOnly is true, will not be available when game is running in other languages|
ucc exportcache [-a][ -y][ -v][ -nocreate][ -mod=<foldername>] <file.ext> [file.ext file.ext] [DestFile.ucl]Options:
|-a (or -append)||Cache entries should be appended to the end of the cache list file, replacing any existing matching entries.|
|-y (or -yes)||Automatically overwrite read-only files.|
|-v (or -verbose)||Enables detailed logging of cache activities (for debugging).|
|-nocreate||Indicates that no new cache list files should be created; existing cache list files may be updated.|
|-mod=<modname>||Mod directory support.|
|file.ext||File that should be exported. Only .u and .ut2 files may be exported. You may specify files individually, seperating filenames with spaces. The * wildcard is supported.|
|DestFile.ucl||By default, each package receives its own .ucl file. You may group multiple package's cache entries into a single file, however, by specifying a destination filename on the command-line. You must include the .ucl part in order for this parameter to be recognized. Keep in mind that even if you change the extension for cache list files by altering the CacheRecordPath, this parameter must still contain .ucl (the file would be written using the correct extension, however).|